Welp, my laptop finally died, and it was my only source of “@ home internet”
So, you know, that’s great……….
Anyway, working on a solution now, hopefully I can find fix for this quick. Unfortunately until then I’m gonna be even less active here in tumblr-land which really blows.
But that’s life, yeah? Anyway, for anyone who’s been waiting for me to get off my lazy ass and make more drawings, I apologize x 3.14
I’ll be back as soon as life stops being such a dick all the time, until then see ya later!!
- don’t like me
- liked me at one point, but don’t like me anymore
- hate what i post
- hate what i have to say about xyz topic
- find me annoying
- don’t have anything in common with me anymore, and are bored by the things i post
- feel obligated by whatever personal reason you may have to keep following me, even if literally any of those above things apply
this applies to mutuals as well. your dash should be your happy place, so no hard feelings and i wish you the best in life
Corazon is like one of those people that swears they’re cool and badass but repeatedly keeps fucking up.
Nicki Minaj is also a real person who makes real decisions for herself and made a video and song that celebrated her own body and her own sexuality while outright critiquing the Male Gaze through visual metaphor
Jessica Drew is not a real person and was drawn by a man in a submissive position who visually objectifies her (spandex doesn’t work on asses like that come on) and every female superhero he’s drawn. And he can’t even draw a background right.
repeat it with me now everybody: made up women drawn for gross men to jerk off to are NOT equivalent to real life women expressing their sexuality for their own benefit
BLESS THIS POST
1) Spandex has never, ever been depicted realistically in comics.
2) I don’t see how celebrating how much different men love her ass is “critiquing the male gaze.”
3) Spider-woman being in a “submissive position” is one interpretation. Sexualized perhaps, but her position was evoking a spider crawling on the ground. Not “submissive.”
4) Objectification is in the mind of the beholder. You’re going to have to present an argument for how the image by itself objectifies the character. Like, that’s a metaphysically loaded statement that SO many people just throw around like it’s nothing.
(But re: 2 —
1. Spandex doesnt look that way on male superheroes .
2. Theres like 50 thought peices on male gaze and anaconda . To put it shortly , unlike the original baby got back, nicki isnt just a mute sexual butt object, but a woman with a big butt who can get the dudes with eiffel towers.
3. PLEASE SHOW ME A COVER WHWRE SPIDERMAN HAS EVER BEEN BENT OVER LIKE THAT TO GET UP A WALL. Please tell me when you’ve seen anatomically incorrect male superhero (outside of hyung tae kim)
4. Objectification cant be in the eye of the beholder when the beholder didnt make it. Female superheroes are purposely made sexy in times that don’t call for sexiness . Anaxonda is a song about sex and bigg butts - it makes sense for her to be sexual. The new spiderman comic is about crime fighting, radiation and life. To imply that a woman still has to be impossibly sexy in the middle of crime fighting implies that a woman’s sole purpose is to be sexy first.
I wouldn’t be as snarky and blunt as the dude in the video, but yeah…
When a fan makes art of whatever they happen to be a fan of…?
I mean, that’s kind of a random question there anon, but hopefully this answers your question.
I’ve noticed that you, or at least several ppl who just so happen to wonder the same thing as you, have asked other blogs this same exact question.
So like, is there a reason for this or…?
Thanks friend, you’re pretty amazing yourself. Not sure what I did to deserve all this sudden niceness you’re giving me, but I appreciate the niceness nonetheless :)
Thanks for being such an awesome person, definitely the coolest dentist I’ve ever met that’s for sure.
I really wish tumblr wasn’t so unforgiving because it’s resulted in this overly cautious environment where everyone is deathly afraid to be unintentionally offensive
There is no surefire way to avoid offending someone, offensive content varies from person to person and there is absolutely no way to satisfy everyone
And because of that you shouldn’t have to walk on eggshells. Make mistakes, learn from them, have a good time.
Dude….thanks so freaking much man. I really needed that, lately I’ve been feeling pretty of out of it but this helps a ton, you have no idea. Thanks again for the message man, it means a lot and I’m super glad you like my stuff.
Got tagged a little while back by good old shinjojin, the rokushiki Robin enthusiast. I gotta say five things I like about myself, then send it to ten followers. Let’s do this shit.
Unfortunately I’m way too lazy to tag anybody for this thing, so just like last time, to anyone who feels like doing this, go for it. Later.
Deep Red - I’m in love with you.
Red - I love you.
Pink - I think you’re cute.
Blue - You’re amazing.
Rose - You’re pretty
Purple - You’re hot.
Plum - I would fuck you.
Violet - I would date you.
Aqua - I could stay on your blog for hours.
Lavender - You are my tumblr crush.
Orange - I want to get to know you.
Tangerine - We have a lot in common.
Amber - I wish you would notice me.
Cream - I don’t talk to you but I really love your blog.